CONTEMPORARY MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE
Contemporary medical acupuncture is a precise peripheral nerve stimulation technique, in which acupuncture needles are inserted into specific anatomical locations and stimulated manually or with electricity for the therapeutic purpose of modulating abnormal activity or the nervous system and/or it’s effectors in pain syndromes and functional problems.
Therapeutic effects of CMA:
1) increase circulation
2) increase strength
3) improve joint function, muscle control and mechanical efficiency
4) increase tissue healing and tissue remodelling
5) decrease adhesions
6) decrease pain
YOUR FIRST VISIT
During your first visit, the chiropractor will take you through a full health history, a physical examination and a report of findings where a diagnosis and treatment plan will be discussed. If the treatment does not require referral or imaging, treatment will usually begin afterwards.
Acupuncture can be an effective treatment with:
1) sports related injuries and other movement disorders
2) musculoskeletal pain problems: neck pain, shoulder pain, low back pain, joint pain etc.
3) chronic pain: headaches, sciatica, osteoarthritis, neuritis