Our registered physiotherapist is qualified to provide preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic services aimed at restoring optimal function and preventing disability arising from disease, trauma or injury. They have detailed understanding of anatomy, physiology, how the body works, knowledge of disease, injury and the healing process.
Beaches Health Group’s physiotherapists are experienced with active and passive therapies, and also offer post-surgical rehabilitation.
Our custom rehabilitation programs are supervised in a gym-setting.
Most workplace benefits cover physiotherapy.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL FROM MY DOCTOR?
No. Although many doctors refer clients for rehabilitation through physiotherapy, patients may make their own appointments directly for various conditions.
DOES OHIP COVER PHYSIOTHERAPY?
No, but many extended health care benefit plans cover physiotherapy. Find out from your place of employment if you have coverage and under what circumstances. Many policies may require a medical doctor or chiropractor’s referral. Physiotherapy services are also covered by auto insurance and W.S.I.B.
WHAT CONDITIONS DO WE TREAT?
Physiotherapy is recommended for:
- relief of pain
- restoring and increasing range of motion in joints
- arthritic conditions
- repetitive strain injuries
- restoring function after joint surgery or fractures increasing coordination, balance, body and posture awareness
- Physical assessment of the illness/injury by a Registered Physiotherapist
- Development of an individualized treatment plan and client-centered goals based on the impairments and functional limitations presented during the assessment
- Physiotherapy treatment consisting of hands on manual therapy, modalities (heat, laser, ultrasound, muscle stimulation) when indicated, exercise for stretching, strengthening and conditioning, education and discharge recommendations
- Regular reassessment of each client’s status to ensure that ongoing treatment is effective and necessary
- Communication and follow-up with the client and other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to ensure the most effective direction of care.